- Professional indemnity insurance – what does it cover?
- Professional indemnity covers your legal costs and expenses in defending a claim, and any compensation or costs that may subsequently be awarded, following:
- Professional negligence, such as making a mistake in a piece of work for a client, or giving them poor advice
- Unintentional breach of confidentiality and/or copyright
- Defamation and libel
- Loss of documents or data
- Loss of money or goods (for which you are responsible)
- What other cover should you consider?
- Office package including liabilities, contents and more
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Cyber Liability
As an accounting professional while you may be committed to the accuracy and integrity of your work for your clients, they may not always return the favour. Whether you are a bookkeeper, tax preparer or Certified Public Accountant you have potential exposures just by doing business. For that reason Coversure Insurance’s products are specifically designed to offer protection to accounting professionals for the array of emerging exposures you face and can help protect your firm against losses resulting from negligence, errors, and omissions in the performance of professional services.
Our target markets include accounting professionals, bookkeepers, enrolled agents, tax preparers and small, medium and large accounting firms. Our accountants’ insurance experts work with practices from all areas of the profession, including, ACCA (chartered certified accountants) members, ICAEW (chartered) members, ICAS members and CIMA members.